Comprehensive guide to CNA training and certification in Washington
To become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Washington requires the successful completion of a nursing assistant school program followed by passing a state certification examination. An approved CNA program is designed to prepare a nurse aide to care for residents in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and nursing homes throughout the state of Washington. Most programs include the following curriculum and requirements for completion…
• Introduction to healthcare, infection control, psychology, physiology, anatomy, nutrition and advanced patient care
• Clinical experience in helping patients, with daily activities like eating, bathing and grooming in the hospital, long-term care clinics and nursing homes
• Laboratory exposure and understanding basic medical terminology
What are the roles or duties of a Certified Nursing Assistant? Their exposure and length of experience focuses primarily on assisting the patients in the hospital, clinics or nursing homes. The duties and responsibilities of Nursing Assistants aside from being under the supervision of registered nurses include the following:
• Assists patients in dressing or undressing, bathing, or eating
• Collects non-invasive body fluid specimens or gathers vital signs but does not start or administer intravenous fluids
• Aids physicians and nursing staff members with procedures if needed
• Documents patient interactions and vital signs on a daily basis
• Relies on experience, judgment and guidance from supervisor to accomplish goals
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College.
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey.
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
Specialized, industry-current degree programs in Health Administration Services, Healthcare Management and Nursing.
Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
Pursue your education at Ohio Christian University.
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program.
As a student at South University, Online Programs, you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
List of CNA Classes in Washington
Find Local CNA Classes in Every State
Select any US state on our interactive map to view local CNA classes currently being offered in that state
Washington CNA Certification Training
Browse our list of Washington schools that offer CNA training courses to become a certified nursing assistant. Nurse aide programs are usually offered at community colleges, junior colleges, trade schools and technical/vocational schools. Our directory includes as many CNA programs as possible, but is not complete as there may be additional CNA programs that are not listed here. Many long-term care facilities offer CNA training to current employees and trainees. In many cases these programs are not widely advertised, but can be discovered by contacting the facilities directly.
3 Steps to Washington CNA Certification
1) Graduate from an approved CNA training program
2) Pass the Washington CNA certification exam (must achieve passing score in the multiple choice portion and the clinical skills portion)
3) Pass the Washington CNA exam within 24 months of completing an approved nursing assistant education program
Helpful Links for Nurse Aides in Washington